The price of bitcoin and a myriad of digital currencies have seen some significant gains on Christmas day. Bitcoin touched another all-time price high at $24,662 per coin, while many other crypto assets rebounded from the previous day’s slump.
- On December 25, 2020, bitcoin (BTC) touched an all-time high (ATH) at $24,662 per coin after dropping to a low of $22,879 on December 23. BTC is up over 3.7% today, over 28% for the last 30 days, and 124% for the last 90 days. At the time of publication, BTC is swapping between $24,150 to $24,350 per coin.
- The overall market capitalization of all 7,500+ digital currencies in existence is $637 billion on Friday. Bitcoin’s (BTC) dominance index today out of the aggregate market valuation is 68%.
- Ethereum is still down over 4% the last seven days and is currently swapping for $618 per ether. However, ETH is up 8% for the last 30 days and 90-day stats show ether is 73%. Ethereum has a $69 billion market capitalization at the time of publication. XRP is up since the big drop the other day after losing nearly 40% in value.
- XRP is swapping for $0.31 per unit and is up 19% during the last 24 hours. However, XRP is down over 42% for the last seven days, 59% for the 30-day span but the token is still up 37% over the 90-day span.
- When the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced it was suing the company Ripple and the top two executives, the crypto-asset XRP dropped significantly in value. Platforms such as OSL, Crosstower, Beaxy, Bitwise, Galaxy Digital, and Jump Trading have dropped the token.
- On Christmas day, the exchange Bitstamp announced it was delisting XRP in the U.S. on January 8, 2021. “Other countries are not affected,” Bitstamp detailed.
- Litecoin (LTC) is up 13% today and each token is trading for $120 per LTC. Litecoin has gained 10% during the last seven days, up 48% for the 30-day span, and 162% in gains during the last 90 days.
- Bitcoin cash (BCH) is swapping for $309 per coin and the crypto asset is up over 8% today. BCH has gained 39% during the last 90 days but is down 23% over the 30-day span, and down a touch over 1% over the course of the week.
- Today’s top gainers on Christmas day include coins like stakenet (XSN), refereum (RFR), and XRP. The biggest losers on December 25, 2020 include golem (GNT), trueflip (TFL), and crypterium (CRPT).
What do you think about today’s crypto market action? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
The post Crypto Markets Rebound, BTC Taps Another All-Time High, Bitstamp Drops XRP for US Customers appeared first on Bitcoin News.Crypto Markets Rebound, BTC Taps Another All-Time High, Bitstamp Drops XRP for US Customers by ICO Investigate